CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007





A couple of weeks ago Makenzie, Jaxson, and I took a trip to Colorado to see my grandparents and my family!! We went to a Giants baseball game, and took a day long trip to Kansas to see my sister Jessica's grave. This sweet baby was born on October 13 and died on November 23 from a disease called trisome 13. I was 4, my brother Josh was 3, and my sister Meme was 2. So my mom had three little kids and now a new little baby in constant stress and pain to take care of. The day that Jessica died she was given a special blessing that her small body would be released of the pain that she was feeling. After it was given, her body relaxed for the first time in her life, and she died in her sleep later that night from a heart failure. Although she died at only 6 weeks and I don't really remember her except for a video of her we watch on special occasions, she is still a very big part of my life. On her birthday we do something nice for someone else for her gift, and for dinner we always have angel hair pasta and angel food cake for dessert. During Christmas, the tree is filled with special ornamets that different people have gotten her through the years. I also try do something extra nice for someone as a gift to her... She is also remembered every night or any time I say my prayers. I am so grateful to have a perfect sister, our guardian angel, as a daily example in my life.. a person who gives me a chance to think of others and forget myself... a person that I can't see, but I know she lives, and I know I will see her again one day and I can hardly wait!!

5 comments:

ang said...

i'm so proud of you for posting again! i was beginning to wonder...

your post is so touching and i'm sure your sister is just as excited to see you again some day!!

Julia said...

wow that brought me to tears...it's great all the things you do to remember her, that will be a great reunion someday.

Michelle said...

oh my gosh, that was so sweet! You rock my world

Shannon said...

That was beautiful! I'm researching trisomy 13 now... its so interesting to me how "professionals" consider kids to have disabilities/handicaps/deformities... but they really are PERFECT.

gardeniagirl said...

Steph,

Hey, this is Charlotte. That was a sweet post about your sister. By the way, I'm finally starting a blog again. It's gardeniagirl.blogspot.com. So, maybe we can be blogging friends. P.S. Next time you're in Colorado, remember that I live here! Give me a call!